Subject collection: Microtubule Dynamics
- Localisation-based imaging of malarial antigens during erythrocyte entry reaffirms a role for AMA1 but not MTRAP in invasion
Highlighted Article: Here we develop a high-definition imaging approach to dissect and assign function to proteins involved in the rapid process of malaria parasite invasion of the human erythrocyte.
- The Gas2 family protein Pigs is a microtubule +TIP that affects cytoskeleton organisation
Summary: Detailed analysis of the ability of the Drosophila cytolinker protein Pigs to modulate its cytoskeleton-interacting functions (+TIP tracking, microtubule shaft binding, actin binding and actin–microtubule crosslinking).
- Suppression of microtubule assembly kinetics by the mitotic protein TPX2
Summary: By measuring tubulin kinetics at microtubule tips and by performing simulations, we reveal a new mechanism for the action of TPX2 in microtubule nucleation and stabilization.
- Microtubule bundling plays a role in ethylene-mediated cortical microtubule reorientation in etiolated Arabidopsis hypocotyls
Highlighted article: Microtubule arrays are reoriented in response to ethylene-mediated etiolated hypocotyl cell elongation by regulation of microtubule bundles in certain orientations within Arabidopsis.
- Depletion of kinesin-12, a myosin-IIB-interacting protein, promotes migration of cortical astrocytes
Summary: Kinesin-12 and myosin-IIB can form a hetero-oligomer that generates force to integrate microtubules and actin filaments in certain regions of cells. In astrocytes, this interaction can modulate their migration.