- Cancer cell behaviors mediated by dysregulated pH dynamics at a glance
Summary: Cancer cells have dysregulated pH dynamics and the increased intracellular pH enables a variety of cancer cell behaviors.
- New links between SOD1 and metabolic dysfunction from a yeast model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Summary: In a new yeast model of ALS we have discovered for the first time that mutations in Sod1 can lead to the formation of toxic, soluble proteins that disrupt metabolic regulation.
- Cancer metabolism at a glance
Summary: This article indicates metabolic pathways essential for cancer growth and survival, with an emphasis on anticancer therapies that are associated with such metabolic vulnerabilities.
- Decoding the stem cell quiescence cycle – lessons from yeast for regenerative biology
Summary: This Opinion article examines key concepts underlying our understanding of stem cell quiescence that can be attributed to studies in yeast.
- Differing roles of pyruvate dehydrogenase kinases during mouse oocyte maturation
Highlighted Article: In mouse ooctytes, different isoforms of pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase have differing effects on the assembly of the spindle, chromosome alignment and ATP content.