- Defective signaling, osteoblastogenesis and bone remodeling in a mouse model of connexin 43 C-terminal truncation
Highlighted Article: The C-terminal domain of Cx43 in skeletal tissue affects signaling cascades and osteoblast function. Truncation of this domain recapitulates key aspects of Cx43 conditional deletion in bone.
- Ligand-induced growth and compaction of CD36 nanoclusters enriched in Fyn induces Fyn signaling
Highlighted Article: The receptor CD36 exists in nanoclusters enriched with the downstream effector Fyn when unligated; multivalent ligands enhance the clusters and activate Fyn, bypassing de novo recruitment of Fyn to the clusters.
- Interaction between CHL1 and serotonin receptor 2c regulates signal transduction and behavior in mice
Summary: The cell adhesion molecule CHL1 interacts with the constitutively active isoform of the serotonin receptor 2c to regulate serotonin-receptor-2c-dependent signaling and exploratory behavior in mice.
- Junctate boosts phagocytosis by recruiting endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ stores near phagosomes
Highlighted Article: The STIM1-interacting protein junctate generates Ca2+ hotspots that boost phagocytosis independently of STIM1 by promoting Ca2+ release from ER stores rather than by gating phagosomal Ca2+ channels.
- An unconventional calmodulin-anchoring site within the AB module of Kv7.2 channels
Summary: A new dispensable site in the Kv7.2 channel affects its regulation by CaM, such that its function can be rescued by CaM when one of the other two CaM-interaction sites is impaired.
- Autocrine VEGF maintains endothelial survival through regulation of metabolism and autophagy
Highlighted Article: Intracellular VEGF signaling in endothelial cells regulates mitochondria function and levels of FOXO1.