- Derlin-1 promotes ubiquitylation and degradation of the epithelial Na+ channel, ENaC
Summary: Derlin-1 binds to ENaC and promotes its ubiquitylation and degradation via ER-related degradation. The E3 ligase HUWE1 is required and adds K11-linked ubiquitin chains to ENaC prompting its degradation.
- Clathrin-mediated endocytosis in budding yeast at a glance
Summary: A review of the current knowledge of the timeline of clathrin-mediated endocytosis in the budding yeast S. cerevisiae, including discussion of recent works that focus on how this process is regulated.
- REV1 promotes PCNA monoubiquitylation through interacting with ubiquitylated RAD18
Summary: Monoubiquitylation (mUb) of PCNA is a crucial event coordinating DNA damage tolerance pathways. We report here that translesion synthesis polymerase REV1 can promote PCNA–mUb through its preferential association with RAD18–mUb.
- Ubiquitin-mediated regulation of the E3 ligase GP78 by MGRN1 in trans affects mitochondrial homeostasis
Highlighted Article: The E3 ligase MGRN1 interacts with the ER ligase GP78, causing its Ca2+-dependent ubiquitylation and degradation. This downregulates mitophagy in healthy cells.
- Binding of SGTA to Rpn13 selectively modulates protein quality control
Highlighted Article: Binding of SGTA to the proteasome delays substrate degradation, thereby providing a mechanism for potentially viable proteins to be rescued for reuse.